Back to the week.....
It all started last Wednesday. They called me to come get Charlie bc he had thrown up. The bug was going around his class so I knew it wouldn't be long before it got us. So I went and picked him up and stayed home Thursday too. Thankfully there was no more throw up and he was totally fine. So I took him back to school Friday. When he woke up Friday I knew he didn't feel well but no fever and no vommitting meant he was going to school. Mommy vs work begins. So I come to work and they call me an hour later saying he threw up and I had to go get him. I was not surprised. Friday he truely was sick. He slept on me all afternoon and just did not feel well. Saturday and Sunday were great! We all played a lot and had a good weekend. Sunday around 4 we came in from playing outside and Whit went and laid on the couch. He said his tummy hurt. OH great! We were headed to small group but I looked at Nate and said lets just stay here. So we decided to just go get some dinner and stay home. We get in the car and poor Whit felt so bad. I told Nate this was a bad idea and we just needed to turn around and go home. 5 min later - throw up everywhere! So we fly home get cleaned up! I told Nate I had to go to work Monday bc I had already missed 2 days. So thankfully he stayed home Monday. HILARIOUS by the way. Thankfully no more throw up! Then Tuesday Whit woke up and said his tummy hurt again. Great! I knew Charlie had skipped days so I was just waiting for it. I took them both to school expecting to get a call about Whit. Around 11:30 they called but not Whit.... Charlie. I was so annoyed. I knew he could not truely be sick again. So I had to leave work and go get him. He was fine the rest of the day. Charlie has had some random reflux since he was born that is completely random but it is projectile vommiting. I knew that this was what had happened at some point. So since he was fine I ignored the 24 hr rule and took him back to school yesterday. Well they got mad at me. I was so mad. I told them he was not sick and that it was reflux. I had an 8am meeting and I had no choice so I left. I knew they were mad at me so I made an appt at the doctor. I picked him up at 12 and we went to the doctor so we could get an excuse. Thankfully we went bc they wrote a note for his files and found out he had an ear infection :) So today I am praying for a full day at work! I really need some normalcy in my life. Oh and by the way Nate threw up last night in the middle of the night :)
| Sick babies are still so sweet and cuddly |
Oh man, that WAS a tough week, Carrie! Staying home definitely has its challenges, but I can imagine it is so hard to be pulled between work and home. I'm glad y'all survived, and I hope you didn't end up getting sick!!
ReplyDelete