Last week we rented Lone Survivor. We never go to the movies so we have to wait and watch it when it is out on DVD so I know we are late on seeing this but this movie is great. It is hard to watch but still a wonderful movie. It is very fun to watch a movie like this with Nate who will give his own commentary. He knows the ins and outs of the special forces world and tells me what is real and what is not. After we finished the movie I was just struck with the thought of how different our life could have been. Nate graduated from the special forces in June of 2007. We were married in August. Thankfully he never was deployed and obviously he did not resign a contract. I have very mixed feelings about all of this and I probably will for the rest of my life. Some days I wish so bad that Nate had been able to go on a deployment bc that is what he worked so hard for for years. Then obviously other times I am beyond grateful at the way things worked out bc he may not be with me today. Even though he was never sent to fight, the things he learned with his time in the army are definitely things that made him who he is today as a husband and a father.These men are a special group of people. They mentally stand out from the rest. He is strong. I have never met anyone with such a strong mental ability. He is a protector and would do anything to protect his family. He is smart and a hard worker. He wants to be the best. There was no way Nate was going to just be in the army.... He had to be the best in the army. He is still like this today with his work. I am always very proud to tell people that Nate was a green beret. It was one of the best moments we have shared together to watch him complete this task. I am so thankful that my boys have him as a father and I know even if they are never in the service the lessons Nate learned will be passed down to them. He loves them hard and I am so thankful for him.
Lone Survivor is a good movie but more importantly it reminded me of the wonderful man I am able to call my husband. He is special and what he learned in the special forces helped make him who he is today.
![]() |
| SF Graduation June 2007 |

Hi Carrie! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)
ReplyDelete