Yesterday was Whit's last day with his class. I surprised myself with how emotional I was( I will blame pregnancy hormones). As I have said before we have been so blessed with his school. I know we are lucky to be in such a wonderful environment(as the waiting list is years long) but I never realized how much I would come to appreciate and love it so much! He had 2 great teachers and 7 precious friends. This class was filled with some hardship this year as Ms. Cindy lost her father earlier in the year. When familar faces are gone it throws these little ones off but they all did surprisingly well! Then just a few weeks ago Ms.Lisa lost her son in a horrible car accident. We have grieved with her through this loss and the babies have missed her so much. But we have had such a great year. As we were all at the party yesterday we were all tearing up thinking about how much our babies had grown through this year.
When I dropped him off the first day I left enough bottles for him to have milk every 4 hrs. I left a few jars of baby food to try and size 3 diapers! He could not walk, could not say a word and was still napping in the crib at least 2 times a day. Today when I went to the party he was napping on his cot, all 8 kids were sitting in chairs at a table eating fruit, cupcakes and drinking out of their sippy cups! They all jibber jabber back and forth with each other and walk around the room doing their own thing. It amazes me!
Ms Cindy gave us all a picture album with pictures of our child throughout the year. That is when all the moms lost it! We dropped off our babies and we are taking our toddlers home. We start in our new class on Monday. I am glad to know that all 7 of his friends will be close by and some in his same class. I cannot wait to see how he grows this year and all the wonderful things he will learn.
My heart changed throughout the year in regards to "daycare" and now I cannot imagine what Whit would be like without the routine, the fellowship, the learning, the playing and the loving that he received this year. Thank you Lord for this wonderful year we have had!
 |
| One of the first days I picked him up(he had messed his clothes up and I thought this shirt was too funny) |
 |
| Ms. Cindy- so sad Ms Lisa is gone |
 |
| All his friends minus 1 sweet girl |
 |
| Party |
 |
| Asleep on his cot and mat when I got there |
No comments:
Post a Comment