Monday, May 20, 2013

Stitches Round 1 and Charlie at 5 mo

Well we made it to 2 1/2 before we needed stitches! I really am surprised we made it this far. Whit is clumsy and trips and falls all the time so to have made it this far is good in my book. I know it is definitely not going to be the last time either! So we were headed to breakfast and he fell down the front steps. We were all inside so when I heard him crying I just walked outside. I had Charlie in my arms so I just reached down and grabbed his shirt to help him up. He is normally fine so i did not worry too much until he turned around with blood coming down his face. Nate came out and got him cleaned up. Thankfully my dad was coming to meet us for breakfast so he was already close to our house. He came over to assess the situation. Nate was convinced he did not need stitches. Dad thought we definitely did. We had called Mike but dad thought he was at the lake so it looked like our handy plastic surgeon was out. So dad got Charlie and we were about to pull out of the driveway to go to Children's just as Mike called dad. Thankfully he was here and was willing to help! So after we had breakfast we headed to his office. We wrapped Whit up in a sheet like a swaddle and I helped hold him down. It was no fun listening to him cry "mommy" over and over. He was such a good boy though and I was proud of him. When we were done you never would have known anything was wrong. I am just preparing myself for these instances with boys!!




Moving on from that excitement...... the rest of the weekend was non eventful. I ended up hanging out at mom and dads Saturday bc Courtney, Jarod and HK were there. It was good to see them. Its been a while since I have seen HK. She is getting too big!

Whit had to hold Charlie's hand while watching Mickey at Cookie and Docs

I mean how cute is she!

Love this sweet boy

Charlie turned 5 months old yesterday! I can now say that i really want time to slow down. He is getting better about not crying in his car seat and really does not fuss much at all any more. He still wants to be held all the time but he will play(roll) on the floor some too. He is sleeping good at night for the most part. Some nights he will wake up but usually he goes back to sleep. He is not in his swaddle any more. Sometimes I think he still wants to be in it but it was a good time to transition out. He had a double ear infection 2 weeks ago but I didn't even know til we went to the doctor for his checkup. We really haven't started food. I have given him some peas and oatmeal just to try and get used to the spoon. I am just not worried about it this go round. Naps are hit or miss. He always takes one around 8:30 and then in the afternoon. Sometimes he will sleep great in his bed but other times he is just not going to have it. He is "talking" more these days and is happy most of the time. I love this smiley little boy.

5 months old

All smiles 90% of the time


No comments:

Post a Comment