We had a great summer. It was really the first time I felt like what summer is supposed to be. It may be bc the boys are getting older so we stayed up later, swam more, and went on small little trips but whatever it was, I really enjoyed it!
 |
| First trip of the summer was the annual beach trip with my family. We stayed in Watercolor and it was so fun. The boys had a lot of fun and are at a much easier age! |
 |
| Uncle JD had nap time with the boys. It was the only way we could get them to chill for a bit |
 |
| Thanks to Cookie and Doc for a fun week |
 |
| Allye is hilarious and had to sit in sissy's lap |
 |
| This kid loves to ride bikes but the one he rides best is the banana seat bike i had when I was little so we took it to the beach and he rode it all over! |
 |
| Fun week! Nate went home in the middle of the week so he missed the family photo |
|
|
 |
| The next trip was for Nate's work. We headed to Boston for a few days! His mom and I loved walking through Beacon Hill while they had meetings! |
 |
| The company had a dinner cruise one night and the skyline was so pretty from Boston Harbor |
 |
| We figured if we were up there then we should head to Cape Cod! So we headed to Cape Cod for a night. This was the best little lobster shack. It was exactly what I had in my head. It was basically this little hut at a marina. So fun! |
 |
| Saturday we rented bikes and rode 3 miles to the cutest little town on the water. I loved doing this even though it started raining on the way home! |
 |
| Along the bike path. I thought that Cape Cod was all going to be basically on the water but it isn't. There is a ton of vegetation and a lot of the towns on 6A are very much in the woods. This port town was where the ferry came in to go back and forth to Martha's Vineyard. |
 |
| At the lobster shak |
 |
| One random Monday in June mom said " do you want to take the boys to Seaside for a couple days?" Yes! So mom, Debbie, the boys and I headed to the beach for a few days. It was so much fun. The boys loved swimming with Cookie and Deedee |
 |
| It was such a fun, easy trip. When you don't have grown men with you, you can eat chicken salad for lunch and wine and cheese for dinner. We had a blast! |
 |
| Seaside amphitheater childrens performance | |
 |
| Our last trip of the summer was a home run. Just the 4 of us headed to the lake. (So thankful for the generosity of being able to use someone's lake house.) We have never gone anywhere with just the 4 of us and it was good. As soon as we got there Friday evening the boys jumped right in! |
 |
| Whit has so much determination. It is a wonderful quality that we are seeing more and more. He played on the knee board by the dock for hours. Finally he said ok, I am ready. And... he did it! |
 |
| he absolutely steals my heart daily |
 |
| Probably not one of our finer parenting moments, but Whit wanted to do this rope swing he saw on the lake. Well, I was waiting on Nate to say no and he was waiting on me to say no so Whit got to do it. We were both shocked that he was strong enough to hold on but he did. We had one little scare that I will push as far away in my memory as I can but he did it. |
 |
| Headed home from dinner at the marina |
No comments:
Post a Comment