Wow, it has been two and half weeks since Charlie joined our family! We have had a few bumpy moments but overall we are good. Charlie is a great baby and eats good! We have only had a few rough nights where he didn't want to go back down but most nights he goes right back to sleep. We try to get out and walk every day to get us out of the house. Unfortunately the bumps we have had to deal with are with being sick!
Christmas Eve we took Charlie and sick Whit to the doctor. Well Charlie's bili numbers were not good so we had to start phototherapy. We took the bed to mom and dads house and he had to be in the bed constantly except for feedings. This new momma did not like not being able to hold her baby! We got off the lights on the 26th.
I took Charlie to the doctor Monday the 31st bc it seemed like he had caught the cough/cold that Whit and I had. They said he was fine. Well Friday he was still coughing so I thought I Bette take him back before the weekend. This is not typical of me bc I always just think they will get over it but since he was so small I went ahead. He also had only kept down one bottle. Well of course when we get there his oxygen levels were too low. Our sweet doctor said we really had to go to Childrens. So, I left the doctor, went and got Whit and got the grandparents on duty. Deedee got Whit and Nate and I headed toe the hospital. Well we have been here ever since! As I write this I think we are going to be headed out today. He basically just has a virus but couldn't get his oxygenated up. So he got IV antibiotics, fluids and oxygen. I hate being here but I am so glad we did. I have missed my big boy this weekend but am praying that our family of four will all be back together tonight!
It's been a long two and half weeks but I honestly not remember life without little Charlie. Praying we all stay well for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment