Friday, April 19, 2013

Charlie at 4 Months

Charlie is 4 months old today! He weighs 14 lbs (15%) and is 24 1/2 in (10%). The doctor said we could start food now if we want but since he is eating enough and sleeps i think I am just going to wait! He is sleeping great now. He eats his last bottle at 6:45 and then goes down and I get him out of his bed to go to school about 6:45. Usually he is awake but just hanging out. Naps are not very consistent bc of his school schedule. At school he will nap for about 2 1/2 hours in the morning but its in the swing. In the afternoon he is on and off. I am trying to get them to move to the crib for naps bc it has messed him up on the weekends some. At home I try and put him down around 9am and then again about 12:30-1.
He eats 4, 8 oz bottles a day. The last bottle of the day is a mix of formula and rice cereal to make his tummy good and full. He loves it!
He rolls around on the playmat a lot. He gets from his back to his belly easily but still doesn't know how to get back over to his back. He loves looking in the mirror at himself! He has started grabing his rings on his carseat a lot more now and pulls his toes to his face all the time. He loves his baths and would cuddle all day if he could. He is not really into a paci which is fine by me but does love his blankie. He is a boy and loves to be outside!
He is still a very smiley baby and has the most precious laugh. Although he is really happy we have major crying issues. This child does not want to be put down. If I am home and he knows I am around he cries until I hold him. It is very annoying. He also HATES his car seat. Any time he gets in the car seat he screams. You can only imagine how enjoyable car rides are. I am not looking forward to the farm trip and beach trip we have coming up. I am not really sure what to do about this issue. Not fun! It also makes going on walks hard bc he doesn't love it like whit did. If its around nap time or in the afternoons and I know he didn't sleep much at school then i will usually go then. If he is awake he will cry the whole time. For this momma who has to run/walk as much as possible we are in a bad situation!
All these bad quirks will soon go away I am sure and I will be wishing for his younger days :) At least I tell myself this! If anyone has any suggestions let me know!
He is such a sweet little boy though and oh so cute. I just love his little dark skin, dark hair and his whatever color eyes he has(gray?!). He is so precious and I love this little man soo much! His brother Whit thinks he is pretty cute too. Some of my favorite moments are when whit looks at him and says "hey chawie" Love these boys with my whole heart and I love each and every milestone we go through!


sweet man hanging out in the pretty weather



No comments:

Post a Comment