We had a big weekend! Friday was the big moving day! I cannot believe we are in a new house.
Last Monday we closed on both houses back to back. Mom and Debbie headed to the new house bright and early Tuesday morning to start cleaning! I am so lucky to be in the same town with all my family. I could not have made it through the week without them. I could not take off any bc we had been at the beach the week before so they graciously offered to help me. They were amazing! They cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. They got my whole kitchen set up for me and had everything perfect. Debbie had a great painter come to paint the bedrooms too! We took stuff over every night and Thursday night we had all the boxes over at the new house.
Mom and dad kept the boys Thursday night and Nate and I finished up everything. We ended up staying at Debbie and Jim's house so we could close it all down. Friday Nate could not take off so Debbie and I headed to the old house to meet the movers. They had us out of that house by about 10:30. Mom was ready at the new house when the movers got there! By 12 we they were gone and we started getting everything situated. Kat was there to help me place everything which was a huge help!
I feel good about where we are at this point. We are pretty much out of boxes. The house feels like home and we are loving it! I feel so blessed to be in this home. It is not too big but definitely bigger than the last. It is the perfect space for us. We do not need any more room. The boys have their rooms and we have our own bathroom. This is new territory for us :)
We loved our first house so much and it was the perfect home to start our lives in. We had been married 8 months when we bought that house. We never imagined we would have 2 little boys in that house. Nate said he could not even remember what we did the days before we had them there. I do know it was great though! We loved that little house and were so lucky to have had it. It served us through ups and downs over the past 5 years. We lived and loved a lot there. I hope our new house will serve us just as well!
Sunday was Father's Day. I have been so crazy with everything that I did not do anything for Nate. His gift was me taking both boys for a while to Target and he slept the whole time :) He is a great daddy and I am so very thankful that these boys have a strong. hard working, and loving daddy to look up to. He plays with Whit all the time and I am pretty sure they both thing each other hung the moon. Charlie will soon be in with the big boys too! Thank you Nate for working so incredibly hard all the time to provide for us. We love you more than you know!
I am going to try to take some more pictures of the house later!
 |
| loved this house |
 |
| Movers loading |
 |
| Moving in |
 |
| Saturday night in my OWN bathtub that is approx 2 ft deep! |
 |
| The den...where we spend all our time |
 |
| Whit's room |
 |
| Our bathroom... we do not know what to do with space |
No comments:
Post a Comment