Monday, June 10, 2013

Beach 2013

We just got back from our week at the beach with my family. We had a great trip! I am not going to lie it was exhausting but it was so much fun! This year we were in Orange Beach in 2 condos. We were not sure how it would work out but it was great! Being on the beach with the pool right there was huge at this point. We stayed in one condo with Mae Mae and JD and the others were in another condo. It really worked great!

 The first time down to the beach was a little worrisome bc Whit would not touch the sand. Nate and I looked at each other and were like this is going to be a looong week! But after about 30 minutes he decided he was ok with it and he never looked back. He loved the ocean and the waves. He would take a wave directly in the face and just laugh. It got a little too rough toward the end of the week but it was ok. His favorite part was swimming in the pool. I will say that I am so glad we did the swimming lessons. The stress of those lessons paid off. He was a little fish and did so good. He played in the pool forever in the afternoons with Nate. He was at such a great age and he was so good all week. He was content sitting in his chair on the beach eating teddy grahams when it was not time to be in the pool. He wore himself out every day. I have never seen him this exhausted. By Wednesday he was so tired he fell asleep as soon as we got out to the beach in the morning and then took a long afternoon nap too! He played his heart out! Charlie was at a tough age honestly. He is not big enough to be sitting and watching everything but he is not small enough to be content just laying down. I did a lot of holding him and walking down the beach to get him to sleep. The good news was that he would easily fall asleep and I could put him on a towel for naptime.

We always cook in at the beach. Its just too hard to try and go out with all of us so mom makes amazing meals every night. We would put the boys down and then enjoy a great meal with everyone. Thankfully we were able to move them to our condo with no problems when it was time to go up for the night. In the mornings we would just go downstairs to their condo and sit outside on the porch and enjoy our early mornings with everyone.
It was so fun to be with everyone. I loved that my sisters got to play with the boys so much. They love their aunts and uncles. They all helped me so much! I wish that we all lived closer but thankful that we get to see each other when we do!!

 We enjoyed our vacation so much and I am already looking forward to next year! I could not do a week at the beach without everyone to help me.  Thanks Cookie and Doc for such a great week!

picture overload....

All loaded up and ready to go!


Playing with daddy and JD in the waves

Snack Time!

Building sandcastles with Doc



Hanging with HK in the mornings

Happy baby!

Absolutely nothing better than this

All the girls... maybe my 10 minutes of sitting still!

Love

FloraBama on Kittys bday

crazy hair for me but loving the pool

I love my family the bigger it gets!

Love this guy

Add caption



Brothers

Fell asleep eating his corndog on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment