Monday, May 2, 2011

Hope

I have really started enjoying writing on this blog and I find myself wanting to not only write things about whit but also write things that i want to remember. so i am writing this today so i can look back years from now to remember my feelings of last weeks events.
wednesday the tornados devastated our state. i have never seen anything like it in my whole life. it is one of the most heartbreaking sights to see on the news. our church was damaged in the storms. we lost a ton of trees and there was some structural damage. so yesterday we had church in the parking lot. i went to church expecting it to be so fun and just heart warming. it was those things but i found myself holding back tears throughtout the whole service. the songs were perfect and tim was absolutely incredible. like i have said before he truely knows how to speak from what the Lord has placed on his heart. He reaches the church and it is a blessing. as we all sat there it was a little warm in the sun but a gentle breeze would come through and it was the Lord. we had hundreds of people in the parking lot, the band on an 18 wheeler, snapped trees in the background but the Lord was there.
I sat there and I was asking myself why not me. Do not get me wrong I am thankful that everyone i know was ok. But I still sit here and think why was my neighborhood spared and why is my whole family ok. There are so many people that have lost all of their worldly possessions and even though they do not matter in the end they matter here now and I cannot even start to imagine starting my life over.
It was a powerful service and Tim just spoke the words that our hope is in the Lord. That is the message he wanted to get out to everyone. We may never know why this house and not mine or why this life and not mine but we do know for certain that if we place our hope in the Lord then it will all be ok.
Sorry that was a long post but I just wanted to remember the service yesterday. It was wonderful and a true picture showing the church. The church is not the building but the people and I have never been more proud to be a part of my church but more importantly the Lords chuch.

not a great picture but kinda captures church yesterday


No comments:

Post a Comment