Thursday, December 19, 2013

Charlie is One!

This time last year I was laying in the hospital bed praying for a quick and easy delivery(unlike Whit). Charlie listened and made his arrival at 12:07pm. I remember looking at Nate saying "its already time". What a wonderful day that was! The past year has been joyful and challenging but out family is more blessed because Charles Hampton is in it!
Charlie is crazy, happy, mischievous, and just one more mess! He looks like his mommy and acts like his daddy. He has precious big brown eyes, tan skin and the best lips you could ask for!  He is sooooo close to walking. He can walk about 5 steps right now. By the weekend I think we will be walking. Looks like Santa may be bringing shoes to  a certain one year old.
Charlie is my cuddle boy. He loves to be held. He loves his daddy more than anyone else. If Nate walks in the house and does not immediately acknowledge him and hold him he cries. He loves to play in the cabinets, the toilet(when I am not looking), the bath, peek a boo and when Whit plays with him. He likes to be outside when he can.  He is a wonderful eater. He eats a lot of food and pretty much anything. He is not a huge milk drinker but is actually getting better. He sleeps from about 6:45 til 6:15-6:30. He naps well too. I think he is trying to drop his morning nap so it is iffy these days. His afternoon nap usually lasts at least 1 1/2 hrs.
He is finally beginning to enjoy reading.
He is a little one and we cannot believe he is not bigger bc of how much he eats! We are headed to the doctor for our checkup in a few weeks.
Charlie, we love you so much and cannot imagine our family without you! Your daddy says if you were first then we would not have had a second! You are my crazy little love!!

weighs 20lbs 13 oz(45%) 29 in tall (20%)

Stealing your brothers breakfast

Love dogs!

Crazy boy!
*** Post updated! 
I never came back and posted when Charlie had his little "party". I do not even think I will call it a party but the night of his birthday we had Deedee, Jimbo, Cookie and Doc over to celebrate. Charlie and Whit were both sick with strep but I had already ordered a cake so we decided to have dinner anyway. I think if he had felt great he would have been crazy about his cake bc this boy loves food so much. Hopefully next year he will actually have a party and enjoy his birthday. Poor second child!






1 comment: