Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Merry Christmas! It was a wonderful Christmas! Whit was at the perfect age. He loved every minute. I definitely think being a parent is the best part. The joy that fills the kids is just wonderful! We enjoyed reading The Jesus Storybook Bible Advent readings each night. I must say that I probably enjoyed it more :)
Our Christmas started Sunday with Christmas at Deedee and Jimbo's. We went over for gifts and dinner. Whit got a really awesome truck that carries a bulldozer. Needless to say it was a hit and provided much entertainment! Dinner was so yummy and we enjoyed getting to hang out over there! Whit and I made cookies for Santa on Sunday afternoon. The cookies are a tradition in my family and I was happy to make them with Whit. He enjoyed sprinkling :)
Christmas Eve we made it to the early service at church. I love the Christmas Eve service so much. It's just calming and it is always a wonderful reminder of our Great Gift! Whit sat in the service and loved getting to hold the candle. I on the other hand was a nervous wreck thinking my child would be the one to drop it!
We continued our tradition of dinner at mom and dad's with the Clinton family. I love getting together with them! After dinner we all put on our pajamas and Whit got ready for Santa!!
He enjoyed putting the plate of cookies and milk out. Then it was off to bed to wait! After he was down the elves went to work. The only think Whit had asked for was a John Deere gator. Santa came through! I think all of us enjoyed this part which is new for us this year! It was the first time we had a major gift to put together and all 9 of us were in Santa's workshop.
Christmas morning was wonderful. Whit is the sweetest kid and he woke up in his bed and looked over at Nate and I in our bed and saw we were asleep so he just sat there quietly and read some books until I sat up :) We woke everyone else up and I could not wait for his reaction! He cracked me up bc he walked down the steps and saw his gator and just said "look" He got a little more animated as he walked to it but he surprised us and did not ask to immediately go outside. We all enjoyed sitting and opening presents. I love Christmas morning and it did not disappoint this year. I am so thankful that all of us were together! I love my family so much! We had a wonderful day playing HARD! Then we had our traditional family dinner with mom's family. Mamaw was sad to miss Dede this year but she still enjoyed her family.
Overall we had a great Christmas. We are beyond blessed and I am so thankful for this season. Now we are looking forward to the beach for New Year's!!


Cookies for Santa!
Charlie loved Jimbo so much

Christmas at Deedee and Jimbo's
Sweet cousins on Christmas Eve

HK loved her American Girl doll soooo much




Fun gator!



Ready for Santa

Cookie and Doc got a really fun bouncy house!


All working on a toy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment