Just to clarify for you.... the farm is where my mother in law (aka DeeDee) grew up. It is in the middle of nowhere and we LOVE it! We are blessed to have a lot of gorgeous land to enjoy and a wonderful home to stay in. It is a very special place because it is where DeeDee's family is from. Her daddy, Whit, is also who baby Whit is named after. Nate respected and loved Grandaddy Whit a lot and he cannot wait to show Whit his grandaddys farm. The farm is where we go to relax and enjoy God's creation. So all that said....
We planned a trip to the farm with a few friends. I decided that I would go early in the day so Whit would be easy and I could get him to bed at his normal time. So I had everything together, so proud of myself, by 11 am. I fed him, walked out the door to go to Pub for a prescription and was planning on being out at 11:45. Well 30 min later I have my prescription. Then we head to Nate's office to drop off something. In the meantime I realize we need gas too. So after all our errands we get on the road at 1 pm! I am so frustrated at this point bc now I am going to have to stop to feed him. Well it basically monsoons on me the whole way so I am going 10 mph under the speed limit, Whit is crying and I can't reach back in the backseat bc I am trying to focus in the rain. In Troy I decided to stop at the Hampton Inn lobby to feed him. I get him out of the car we go in, I take him out of his seat and he is soaking wet and covered in poop! I am dying! I run to the bathroom to change him on ly to realize I forgot his changing pad so I put down a blanket to change him on. He is SCREAMING! I get new clothes on him and we are back ready to eat. I feed him, put him back in the carseat and decide I might as well pump now that I am off schedule anyways. We finally arrive at the farm 4 hours later! It was quite an experience and I opened a beer as soon as I walked in the door :)
The rest of the weekend was wonderful! Whit slept pretty good and we enjoyed our friends! We had a lot of visitors to meet Mr. Whit and we got to hear many stories about Grandaddy Whit which was so fun!
first ride on the 4 wheeler- i love this!
the way of transportation to the pond
already enjoying this wonderful place with mommy



You're a posting machine! I love it! Keep them coming!
ReplyDelete